“If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door.” – Milton Berle
Security Solutions Engineer
Location - Henderson, NV
Employment Type - Hybrid Full-Time
Benefits Offered - 401K, Dental, Life, Medical, Vision
As Nevada's leading managed security service providers (MSSP), the mission of Hyper Networks (now in our 8th year) is to lead every customer to a model of Zero Trust. Working with us, every customer should see a dramatic enhancement to their organization's security posture, user productivity, infrastructure resilience, and efficient use of precious resources. As we help customers progress on the roadmap to Zero Trust, we offer cybersecurity, networking, endpoint, infrastructure, procurement, and user productivity solutions. As a member of our engineering team, you will work with customers to identify opportunities for security improvement and chart a course for change.
Your specific role is to understand and leverage the technology, protocols, products, and processes that will lead to successful customer outcomes. This is a highly collaborative role wherein you will consult, provide design recommendations, and review technology solutions. We are highly selective about who joins our ranks, and the result is a positive, high-skilled group of employees that enjoy working together doing what they do best.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Knowledge of current and emerging security techniques and products for exploiting security vulnerabilities
- Engages with assigned or targeted customer organizations.
- Collaborates and partners with other business development professionals to document sales and solution strategies and plans.
- Participates in sales calls and demonstrates the value of company solutions and products. Supports delivery of sales materials, presentations, and orals.
- Works closely with sales team and vertical leaders to identify vertical-specific solutions or approaches that help meet company growth/market penetration goals.
- Provides technical advice to business and technical leaders within the customer organization.
- Maintains knowledge of applicable industry technology trends. Serves as an established subject matter expert on customer architecture, business requirements, and company solutions/products.
- Recommend solutions based on industry best practices and then assist in authoring corresponding designs, SOWs, and technical project plans.
- Supports the qualification of opportunities before the quote process.
- 6+ years’ experience in client-facing role in IT and security-related field.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
- Experience working with solution/product portfolios within the managed services industry including knowledge of competitors, service offerings, customer expectations, trends and issues.
- One or more certifications: CISSP, OSCP, CISM, CISA, GDSA or similar certification etc.
- Broad experience understanding tools to collect and correlate security telemetry, network detection and response, SIEM, CASB, EDR, threat intelligence platforms, and security automation tools.
- Experience with cloud services and associated technologies (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS)
- In-depth knowledge of common information security management frameworks, such as ISO/IEC 27001, ITIL, COBIT, and NIST.
- Working knowledge of compliance, regulations and standards as they relate to SOX, HIPPA, PCI-DSS, GDPR, CCPA.
- Professional, low ego, and customer-friendly
- Good skill as a consultant and technical subject matter expert for assigned product/solution area.
- Good communications and customer relationship/selling skills.
- A preference for working transparently and in highly collaborative environments.
- Having published or contributed to public CVE’s, bug bounty recognition, open source tools, blogs.
- Ability to use own judgment and initiative in problem resolution.
Personal Attributes & Behaviors:
- Eager to receive feedback and improve, frequently prompts others to provide critique
- Proactively seeks opportunities to learn and grow both in job skills and personal attributes; normally adapts quickly to change
- Demonstrates trustworthiness and integrity
- Personal values and ethics align with a company’s values; can explain these values and often cultivates them in others
- Regularly seeks to understand and reinforce the big picture about what they do, to connect even tedious tasks to the larger context and mission
- Considers what to commit to and consistently delivers on those commitments, on time; is proactive about learning from failures
- Passionate about the company and own work and encourages this in team
- Open and respectful to all and works well in diverse environment; promotes this in others
Team Attributes & Behaviors:
- Shares accurate information; rarely needs to be prompted to do so
- Communication is clear, efficient, accurate, and leads to better group collaboration
- Considers the impact of own decisions on own group, and usually considers impact on department, and company; rarely needs prompting to do so
- Resolves misunderstandings and difficulties with others, rarely needs prompting and coaching to do so; conflict resolution leads to greater trust; sometimes requires escalation
- Consistently seeks to be involved in projects with others; rarely operates in isolation
- Helps build team spirit and is eager to be part of team events; encourages others to do so.
Hyper Networks is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.