“If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door.” – Milton Berle
Office Assistant Part Time
Employment Type: Part-Time
Benefits Offered: 401K, Dental, Life, Medical, Vision
Compensation: $15 to $17 per hour
Location: Henderson, NV
Looking forward to coming to work every day! Enrich your career in administrative support by joining the Hyper Networks team as an Office Assistant. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring that all offices function at an optimal level and will play a critical role in supporting the smooth operation of an office or organization. They must be skilled at handling communication, managing files and records, supporting office operations, assisting with financial tasks, providing customer service, performing general administrative tasks, and coordinating meetings and events.
An Office Assistant provides support to an office or organization in a variety of administrative tasks. The specific duties and responsibilities of an office assistant may vary depending on the size and type of the organization, but generally include the following:
- Answering phones and handling communication: Assist as a secondary responsible party for answering phones, taking messages, and handling incoming and outgoing communication such as emails and letters.
- Managing files and records: maintain accurate and up-to-date files and records, which may include client or customer information, vendor information, and business licensing and compliance.
- Handling data entry: may be responsible for data entry tasks such as entering customer or client information into a database.
- Supporting office operations: provide support in a variety of office operations, including scheduling appointments, ordering supplies, shipping supplies, and managing office equipment.
- Assisting with financial tasks: responsible for tasks such as handling vendor invoices, processing payments, and managing petty cash.
- Providing customer service: interact with customers or clients and must be able to provide accurate and timely information.
- Performing general administrative tasks: such as photocopying, faxing, and organizing files. Maintain asset tracking and any other relevant tasks.
- Coordinating meetings and events: Scheduling meetings, arranging meeting rooms, and handling any necessary equipment or materials.
- Miscellaneous: Running errands for the business need including the executive team.
Required Skills and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- +1 year as an office assistant or similar role
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office Suites
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Professional, low ego, and customer friendly.
- Good communication and customer relationship skills.
- A preference for working transparently and in highly collaborative environments.
Personal Attributes & Behaviors:
- Eager to receive feedback and improve, frequently prompts others to provide critique.
- Proactively seeks opportunities to learn and grow both in job skills and personal attributes; normally adapts quickly to change.
- Demonstrates trustworthiness and integrity.
- Personal values and ethics align with a company’s values; can explain these values and often cultivates them in others.
- Regularly seeks to understand and reinforce the big picture about what they do, to connect even tedious tasks to the larger context and mission.
- Considers what to commit to and consistently delivers on those commitments, on time; is proactive about learning from failures.
- Passionate about the company and own work and encourages within the team.
-Open and respectful to all and works well in diverse environment; promotes this in others.
Team Attributes & Behaviors:
- Shares accurate information; rarely needs to be prompted to do so.
- Communication is clear, efficient, accurate, and leads to better group collaboration.
- Considers the impact of own decisions on own group, and usually considers impact on department, and company; rarely needs prompting to do so.
- Resolves misunderstandings and difficulties with others, rarely needs prompting and coaching to do so; conflict resolution leads to greater trust; sometimes requires escalation.
- Consistently seeks to be involved in projects with others; rarely operates in isolation.
- Helps build team spirit and is eager to be part of team events; encourages others to do so.
Click here to apply.