“If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door.” – Milton Berle
Education Technology Liaison
Location - Henderson, NV
Employment Type - Full-Time
Benefits Offered - 401K, Dental, Life, Medical, Vision
We are seeking a highly motivated and organized individual to join our team as an Education Technology Liaison for private and public education. The role involves creating and maintaining relationships with schools and educators, promoting our programs and services, and enhancing our organization's brand and reputation. If you are passionate about education and have experience in community outreach, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity to make a meaningful impact in the lives of students and educators.
We are highly selective about who joins our ranks, and the result is a positive, highly skilled group of employees that enjoy working together doing what they do best.
Hyper Networks’ stellar reputation has led to back-to-back years as one of the Inc. 5000 list.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain relationships with school administrators, teachers, counselors, educations leaders, and community partners to promote our programs and services.
- Develop and implement outreach strategies to increase awareness and participation in our programs in coordination with Hyper Marketing team and vendor partners.
- Collaborate with schools to create customized programs that meet their specific needs.
- Represent our organization at community events, school fairs, and other relevant forums.
- Coordinate and conduct workshops, presentations, and training sessions for school staff, educations leaders, and community partners.
- Serve as a liaison between our organization and the schools, ensuring effective communication and timely follow-up.
- Monitor and analyze program metrics to measure the impact of our outreach efforts.
- Collaborate with the marketing team to create marketing materials and social media content targeted towards schools and educators.
- Bachelor's degree in Education, Marketing, Communications, or related field.2-3 years of experience in community outreach or education-related field.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build and maintain relationships with diverse groups of people.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Experience with event planning and public speaking.
Understanding of the education landscape and knowledge of best practices in education outreach.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and experience with CRM software.
Personal Attributes & Behaviors:
- Happy, fun, energetic and love to get to know new people and create valuable relationships.
Is a teacher, coach and consultant at heart.
- Eager to receive feedback and improve, frequently prompts others to provide critique.
- Proactively seeks opportunities to learn and grow both in job skills and personal attributes; normally adapts quickly to change.
- Demonstrates trustworthiness and integrity.
- Personal values and ethics align with a company’s values; can explain these values and often cultivates them in others.
- Regularly seeks to understand and reinforce the big picture about what they do, to connect even tedious tasks to the larger context and mission.
- Considers what to commit to and consistently delivers on those commitments, on time; is proactive about learning from failures.
- Passionate about the company and own work and encourages this in team.
- Open and respectful to all and works well in diverse environment; promotes this in others.
Team Attributes & Behaviors:
- Shares accurate information; rarely needs to be prompted to do so.
- Communication is clear, efficient, accurate, and leads to better group collaboration.
- Considers the impact of own decisions on own group, and usually considers impact on department, and company; rarely needs prompting to do so.
- Resolves misunderstandings and difficulties with others, rarely needs prompting and coaching to do so; conflict resolution leads to greater trust; sometimes requires escalation.
- Consistently seeks to be involved in projects with others; rarely operates in isolation.
- Helps build team spirit and is eager to be part of team events; encourages others to do so.
Hyper Networks is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Click here to apply.